The Education Housing Board is intended primarily for teacher candidates as it lists short-term accommodation room rentals in landlord-occupied homes, or where the arrangement is by the week or block. Longer-term rentals are directed to the Queen's Community Housing Accommodations Listing Service.
Graduate students may also find suitable accommodation as some landlords are also willing to rent room(s) during the practicum teaching weeks.
Queen’s also recently became a member of an international student-to-student housing database for locating short term housing: www.housinganywhere.com
The Faculty is grateful to the landlords who provide our students with a home away from home.
Our Consecutive Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) program starts in May & runs 4 successive terms (from May 2017 until July 2018). The Concurrent Education program starts in September 2016 and ends in April 2017 (some students may choose to stay until July 2017).
- Summer 1: May 3-5 and May 29 – August 18, 2017 (Consecutive)
- Fall: September 5 – October 6 (OEE students tentatively begin August 30), and November 20 – December 20, 2017 (Consecutive and Concurrent)
- Winter: January 3 – February 9 and April 9–27, 2018 (Consecutive and Concurrent)
- Summer 2: May 28 – July 26, 2018 (Consecutive and some Concurrent)
Practicum Teaching Placements
Students may also require accommodations during the practicum teaching blocks if they are in Kingston.
- Block 1: May 8-26, 2017
- Block 2: October 10 – November 17, 2017
- Block 3: February 12 – April 6, 2018
- Block 4: April 30 – May 25, 2018